Pages

Monday 12 December 2011

Even..........

scary little skeleton babies like to wait for Santa!
Well, in my world they do!

I've been out junk shopping a few times recently and on one trip found this old first aid tin.....when I opened it I realised it would make a great alternative to a configuration box! I also bought an old green metal funnel, a Santa head Christmas ornament and a heart with bells (which I didn't end up using)
From this "stuff"plus some other "stuff" I already had lying around came this.......
..my "found" version of a configuration box!

 Added the Santa head to the inside of the tin lid.....it fitted like it was made for it!

 Painted a small porcelain doll to look skeleton-y.......added a Santa hat.....aka a metal piping nozzle.... and here she sits waiting for Santa

Three plastic cherubs got a paint job..................

 ........a metal moose wishes everyone.......
.....MERRY CHRISTMAS....
..with bells on his antlers

 The funnel became a Christmas tree with rusty star and a screw head..................

 ......a partridge in a pear tree???....a small bird cookie cutter....

 Still waiting and wishing....................

 I saw that the challenge on SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW is to show something with depth.....I hope this might count!

As my husband said when I sent him a pic of this .....a weirdo Merry Christmas to you too!

12 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

It definitely fits the challenge Sue, I love how that Santa fits perfectly into the slot and those cherubs/angels fit perfectly on top. I love the alternative Christmas tree, which suits perfectly your alternative configuration box, a neat idea in itself. Love your rusty pieces too. A merry weirdo Christmas to you too. Thanks so much for joining in The Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge Sue, great to have you along. Tracy x

Nigel said...

Now that is my kind of xmas decoration. Nice one :)

johanna said...

right up my alley!! that´s what i call a perfect christmas decoration:)) fantastic details... love those starry stars, too!

Effie said...

That is something special....eat your heart out Mr Holtz!

Sandy said...

Wow so cool and creative.
Stunning creation. Love this decoration.

Siobhan Brignull said...

I dont wanna shock you, but I love it, LOL

Machele O'Dufaigh said...

Very cool decoration! What a refreshing change from all the tinsely red and green tacky junk that is out there to buy. Love the moose, and what you did with the funnel. FUN!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, so much to see

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is so weird - and I love every bit of it!!!!

Nancy Wethington said...

This is such a unique piece of art . . . a little crazy and a lot of imaginative artistry. Each piece in this tin is so well thought out and executed. Love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Lynne Forsythe said...

hmmmm.....Now that is one interesting and creative project Sue!! Love all the bits and pieces!!

Thanks bunches for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

Netty said...

Oh wow such a stunning project, x