Pages

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Forever in pursuit of

the unpredictable let me introduce you to my 
HALLOWE'EN RABBIT!
OK so I can hear you thinking "aren't rabbits usually associated with Easter?" 
Well of course they are, but then that's the whole point of using one for Hallowe'en......you don't expect it:)
 He started life as a quite ordinary looking white fabric rabbit that EFFIE sent to me ages and ages ago........I painted him black then added old book pages to the body. Next he was painted to give him a jacket....I had to resist painting him stripy trousers so he had a spotty jacket instead!

 He has a spooky spider skull necklace........

 and wings.....why not???? (they are from Stampotique)



 He is fastened to a decorated old book cover


I am entering this piece into the current 
......the theme is "funny Hallowe'en"......
what could be funnier than a Hallowe'en Rabbit???

15 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

You have a strange and extraordinary mind - and I love it! Fantastic altered art - fluffy bunnies better run!!
Alison x

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Wow... very cool piece! Love your Halloween bunny! XOXO

Helen said...

Your bunny is quite scary for a bunny! He's great...!

Effie said...

Absolutely fabulous...... A perfect mate for Kitty Kat!

Kimber said...

Who hasn't heard of the Halloween Bunny! lol Love it! Happy Halloween!

Carol Q said...

brilliant Sue. that's one cracking voodoo bunny!

Basement Stamper said...

This is so cool! Love all the little pieces on it.

Kaz said...

Love this, such a brilliant idea

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Absolutely awesome! Love the bunny, and I'd never have guessed how you made him, so thanks for sharing! If it's OK with you I might have to borrow this idea as I know a certain young lady that would flip if she received something like this!

Thanks for entering the Stampotique Designers Challenge this week, this piece has made my day!

Claire x

Jane Wetzel said...

very cool creation!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool!!!

Magda said...

Absolutely amazing! Great idea. Love the bunny!
Thanks for entering the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)
Magda

Reflective Art Studio said...

Really wonderful Idea... My favorite Part is the stick pin-!! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.
Warmly-
Sarinda

Gez Butterworth said...

VERY COOL Sue. Love it!

Gráinne said...

Aaaargh, meant to comment on this days ago ... don't know how it slipped me again. That's absolutely devine!! Love it. And I'd happily welcome a Halloween Bunny if it would show up at my door :-D
I love each and every detail on it, so thoughtful and perfectly arranged. But especially the spider necklace and the wings!
Congrats for being chosen as a fav over at the SDC :-))
Best, Suzanne x